Friday, April 11, 2014

Fantasy Golf: U.S. Masters


The Masters is the first Major of the golf calendar in 2014, and there are a lot of big name contenders vying for that green jacket.
Apologies that this 'preview' is going up after Rd 1 has been completed, but I had a busy couple of days zooming around the country and couldn't get to my laptop for more than five minutes. But at least in those five minutes I managed to get my Fantasy Golf team sorted, and now I'm going to reveal which players were rattling away inside my brain, and which 8 I finally went with in the end. As always, 8 players from three groups in Yahoo Fantasy Golf, while in Official PGA Fantasy Golf you can pick any 4 players.

Group A
Gary Woodland
Rickie Fowler
Henrik Stenson
Phil Mickelson
Bubba Watson
Matt Kuchar
Patrick Reed
Ryan Moore
Brandt Snedeker

Group B
Jason Dufner
Rory McIIroy
Bill Haas
Hunter Mahan
Hideki Matsuyama

Group C
Charl Schwartzel
Fred Couples
Sergio Garcia
Harris English
Thorbjorn Olesen
Francesco Molinari
Jimmy Walker

It being a Major, there was an over abundance of players to choose from in Group A. For Group C, I may have let my heart rule my head a little bit in picking Freddie Couples over Garcia. But then again, Couples has some high finishes over the last number of years at Augusta, and has only ever missed the cut on two occasions in his career.
After day one I did make some moves. Dufner put up a horrible +8 score, so he has been swapped in the starting 2 for Group B with current leader (-4) Bill Haas. In Group C, I have also choose to start Couples over Schwartzel for the second round. Boom Boom is only three shots of the lead and has shown he could be shooting par or under each round. He has 3 birdies, 2 bogeys. Whereas Schwartzel has the more erratic scorecard of 3 birdies, 4 bogeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment