Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fantasy Golf: Quicken Loans National


This week marks the long awaited return of Tiger Woods to the tour, in what I think is only his fourth event. I'm sure a lot of people will be tempted to put him straight into their teams, but I'm going to hold off and see if he just makes the cut. Very slim pickings from Group A in Yahoo this week though, so perhaps some people could put Woods in as their second player and see how he goes on Thursday.
As per usual, Yahoo divides the golfers into three groups where you pick 8 (and 4 play each day), whereas Official PGA lets you pick any 4 and you only score points on their finishing positions.
As I mentioned two weeks ago, I finished second in the Official PGA weekly table for the US Open, then this week I got an email from them saying I was entitled to the prize! Great News! But no, unfortunately not. Like the winner (I presume) I don't live in the United States and they don't ship the prize ( a set of golf balls!) outside the US. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Good luck this week everybody.

Group A
Brandt Snedeker
Gary Woodland
Patrick Reed

Group B
Billy Horschel
Bill Haas
Jordan Spieth
Jason Day
Robert Garrigus
Webb Simpson
Martin Flores
Justin Rose
Angel Cabrera
Stewart Cink
Hunter Mahan

Group C
Nick Watney
Carl Pettersson
Kevin Chappell
Noh Seung-Yul
Brendon Todd
J.B. Holmes
Ben Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment