Friday, December 11, 2015

IEFSA Fantasy League Week 16 Preview


Are you sitting comfortably?

Good. Let me tell you a story of Fantasy Football woe. Last weekend my side posted a rather impressive 71.2 pts; my second highest score of the season. A score good enough to beat fourteen teams in the IEFSA league that very week. It included three goals scored, and for once I didn’t leave any points sitting on the bench. But…….. I was facing @Smokey_Loogy and his side went out and scored 76.3 points! It catapulted him to first place in the league, leaving my side twelve points behind in 10th place.

Perhaps I should look on the positives? If my team can get that kind of score every week, they will surely win more than they lose. So this week, we pick ourselves up and face @DFS_hambazaza. His team props up the league after a run of 13 losses on the trot. All that means though is that he is surely due a victory. I will have to do everything to make sure that this week’s match is not it.

@DFS_hambazaza’s Team

His side has struggled because of injuries to key players. Up front he can call on Sergio Aguero, but with him starting only nine games this season, @DFS_hambazaza has to fall back on Steven Fletcher (injured), Steven Naismith (3rd/4th choice striker for Everton) and Andy Carroll (one goal all season). He also has Lewis Grabban of Norwich, but he has only one goal and can’t seem to break into the Canaries starting eleven.

Pocchettino plays Trippier in the Europa but not the Premier League
The player who has played the most for him is youngster Matteo Darmian of Man Utd. He has started 12 games, but he is injured this week, meaning @DFS_hambazaza will have to start Kieran Trippier. The problem is, Tottenham don’t seem to want to start Trippier!

He must be really disappointed in his midfield. No goals and no assists from the trio of Gardner, Mirallas and Routledge. All three are playing away from home this week, so he will be really up against it if he is looking for them to get the points he needs to win this week’s matchup.

What I Need To Happen

I need his players to continue their inconsistent run of starts. As mentioned, only one player, outside of goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, has started more than ten games. His keeper heads to Crystal Palace this week and I will hope he struggles to get to his average weekly points total of 4.4 points.

My side has a few player starting issues of its own. Schweinsteiger is suspended for Man Utd’s trip to Bournmouth. While Forward Joshua King is a doubt with concussion, while also having his place under threat by Glenn Murray who scored the winner for the Cherries against Chelsea last week. Man Utd also have a pretty mean defensive, perhaps I should be looking to Arnautovic to get the goals for my side again this week.

At the other end of the field, Courtois is back between the sticks for Chelsea. He should start this week as they travel to table toppers Leicester City. I believe he will be kept busy, and maybe he can keep a clean sheet for Mourinho’s beleaguered side.

Predictions

Four right and three wrong again last week; with a lot of tight matchups where a goal could have swung the tie. @Smokey_Loogy and @RotoZdroik are the two form teams in the league. Will they continue their streaks? Make sure to follow @THE_IEFSA to keep up with the drama. Follow me on Twitter @GarryIrwin also and keep tabs on my inevitable euphoria or heartbreak!

Okay! This week’s predictions! Good Luck everyone.







2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff, keep it up! One thing I'd like to mention is that I'd love to see the data and the statistics your analysis is based on and I am sure that many other readers would like that as well. What I mean is something like the charts and figures that http://fantasysportsdaily.com post about their picks when it comes to american sports. I just think it makes everything more transparent. Cheers, Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steve, thanks for commenting.
      All team related stats are straight from premierleague.com, while all the player stats are taken from the Fantrax game, this is the game The IEFSA league is run under. you can view them here http://www.fantrax.com/EPL/statsPlayers.go
      thanks again

      Delete