Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 16: IEFSA Fantasy League Preview


Are you sitting comfortably? Good. Please let me tell you of my latest tale of woe in fantasy football. With a 40 point lead on @FuzzyWarbles with only two Liverpool players to play, I felt safe that I might just sneak a win with my total of 103 points. Even if Milner and Mane hit their average I would come away with the win. But the fantasy gods had other ideas. The IEFSA and Fantrax points computer must have awarded points for every touch because a combined 42 points later and I was staring defeat in the face.
James Milner reminds me how many points I lost by in Gameweek 15
I’ve fallen one place down to seventh and I’m due to face @nealjthurman for this group of midweek fixtures. We both hold a record of eight wins and seven losses. Neal won at the weekend as his two biggest signings came good. Dimitri Payet scored for the first time since the beginning of October, while Islam Slimani contributed two assists in Leicester’s win over Man City. All this and my star player was stretchered off injured. Can I fight against the huge bias shown against my side everyweek?

@nealjthurman’s Team


Outside of his highest signings, the rest of his team has been chipping in with points. Ander Herrera added an assist on his way to claiming over 30 points against Tottenham on Sunday. Sofiane Boufal of Southampton popped up with his first goal of the season at home to Middlesbrough for Neal too. Luckily for him, all of these four players mentioned will be facing opposition in the bottom half of the Premier League table this midweek, so he will be expecting another big haul.

At the back he has some top defensive performers. They were unusually off form at the weekend, where two of them posted less than double figure scores. The one who didn’t was Christian Fuchs, and despite Leicester having a less than stellar season, he has been averaging a healthy 16 points a game. In goals he has West Brom’s Ben Foster. Only two fantasy points on Sunday; @nealjthurman will be looking for him to bounce back at home to Swansea on Wednesday night.

What I Need To Happen


After months of waiting for my star signing Mkhitaryan to get into the Manchester United first team and gaining some substantial points, he only gets injured after a rather innocuous challenge from Danny Rose towards the end of the game at Old Trafford at the weekend. If, as expected, the Armenian misses the game against Crystal Palace, I may have to implement the ‘Claudio Yacob Experiment’ again!
Pictured: @FuzzyWarbles carrying away three points here
Looking around for where the points could come from in my team I see that Wilshere didn’t start last weekend, Pedro couldn’t last the ninety minutes for Chelsea, Jesse Lingard doesn’t seem to be in Jose Mourinho’s thoughts at the moment, Santi Cazorla is still out injured, Kevin Mirallas hasn’t done much for Everton lately, while Joe Allen has only posted double figures in two of Stoke’s last five fixtures after a run of nine games where he was averaging over 24 points. But at least Fabio Borini is back from injury…..

Predictions


A hiccup a few days ago as I only predicted eight of the nine matchups. I did get five of those eight correct though, so there is that. The league is beginning to stretch out a bit now. @RotoZdroik is alone at the top, and 24 points below him is @DFS_Hambazaza alone at the bottom. They face each other this week, with surely only one outcome? To follow all the midweek action make sure you click on @THE_IEFSA Twitter page.

Good Luck Everyone









No comments:

Post a Comment