Friday, September 18, 2015

Fantasy Football: IEFSA Fantasy League Week 6 Preview


Disaster! That’s all I can describe last week’s performance as, a total unmitigated disaster. All the money I spent on Memphis Depay seems more foolish by the week. Against Liverpool he was hauled of at half time after repeatedly giving the ball away and only pulling in 1.6pts for my team. To compound all this misfortune, he only went and scored (again) in the Champions League midweek, proving that, yes, he does actually know where the back of the net is. My Chelsea goalkeepers have contrived to become the worst in the league. Letting in 12 goals in the opening five games. Sunderland have let in less, while Man City haven’t let in any! After spending another sizable chunk of my salary cap to acquire Courtois and Begovic, to say I’m disappointed would be a massive understatement.

Last weekend saw my side gain the fewest points in the league. My opponent @GalinDragiev could have only played two of his players (Mahrez and Sanchez) and he still would have beaten me! This weekend must see a drastic improvement or some players will find themselves benched, or worse, in the near future. Unfortunately the fixture makers have not been kind to me again, as I’m set to face joint leader @wrigavin. His side would have beaten me last week; his side would have beaten me in the last four weeks!


You don’t start the season 4-1 without possessing a few good players and this side is no exception. He builds a solid foundation by having a dependable four defenders he can call on. His midfield likes to get forward, Robbie Brady and Yohan Cabaye have taken more shots than Wayne Rooney and Diego Costa so far this season. While up front his big money signing is Harry Kane. No goals as of yet, but he still pulls in over 6pts a game. This side has struggled for goals, Cabaye and Tadic are the only players to have scored, but if Spurs start to click (he has recently also signed Son Heung-Min) then he will be a very tough side in which to outscore.

What I Need To Happen

Spurs to have another off day in front of goal. This week they face Palace at home, who have yet to keep a clean sheet. @wrigavin will be playing the Palace keeper too, so while I say I hope Spurs have an off day, I really just mean Son and Kane. If Norwich can take advantage of a shaky Liverpool side on Sunday then I won’t be reliant on my Man Utd players, whose game against Southampton kicks off at the same time. If my Aston Villa players can score a few past West Brom, and @wrigavin’s defender Craig Dawson, then perhaps I may be leading going into Sunday. But if it turns out I’m not leading, then yes, I’ll be crossing my fingers that Memphis Depay can get his first Premier League goal.

The only bright spot I had last week was at the back and Watford’s Allan Nyom keeping a clean sheet. My other Watford defender  Holebas looks to have lost his place to Ikechi Anya and as I loath to have players on my roster who don’t start for their club, I’ve transferred in Mangala of Man City, who has started all five of City’s faultless opening fixtures. Another shutout is on the cards when City host West Ham in Saturdays late kick-off.
Dick Advocaat still looking for first win of the season
Another transfer this week saw me pick up Ola Toivonen at the expense of Danny Welbeck. Danny Welbeck has been ruled out for a number of months after he underwent surgery earlier in September. But this being Arsenal, that means he could be out anywhere between two and ten months. He had to go. Toivonen has only started one game for Sunderland, but has looked bright and contributed one assist off the bench. Dick Advocaat finally seems to be making Sunderland a little harder to beat and is hopefully nearing a settled side. I can see Toivonen getting a run in the team. He has played under Advocaat before at PSV, while also having played with teammate Jeremain Lens there also. Plus, if he can’t keep Danny Graham and Steven Fletcher out of the side then there really is no hope for him. This weekend Sunderland travel to Bournemouth, who have the third worst defence in the league.

Predictions

4 from 7 last week as a lot of matchups featured some very high scoring. @RotoWireAndrew would have beaten 13 teams last week, but he ran into an on fire @Smokey_Loogy. They still didn’t have the best outing though. That honour fell to @DanRiccio590 who had Dimitri Payet up his sleeve for the Monday night game. It’s getting harder and harder to predict winners in these matchups with each passing week! In saying that, here are this week’s predictions.








And remember to follow @THE_IEFSA on twitter for all your updates. Until next week, put your feet up and enjoy all the football action this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment