Friday, September 11, 2015

Fantasy Football: IEFSA Fantasy League Week 5 Preview


The International break is over and ‘real’ football is back! And that means another matchup in the IEFSA Fantasy League. Last time out, thanks to a Scott Sinclair brace, I toppled high flying @nikarg. This week my team faces 1 and 3 @GalinDragiev. I might be higher up the table than him, but I’ve scored fewer points over the first four weeks of the season. @GalinDragiev has scored the third most points in the league and has had a tough opening run of fixtures. He is also off the back of a loss last week. A very dangerous opponent.

@GalinDragiev’s Team

A lot of attacking talent here with players who have pulled in a lot of points in the opening few game weeks. His star man has been Leicester’s Mahrez, but he has been ably supported points-wise by Okazaki, Sterling, Sanchez and Kouyate.

His Achilles heel is probably the goalkeeping position. Pantilimon is not a bad keeper, but Sunderland are not a good team, they are struggling to keep clean sheets and he hasn’t been pulling in the saves (19 saves to 10 goals conceded). This week Sunderland face Spurs, while @GalinDragiev will have to double up at the back with the Black Cats as Coates will have to come in for the suspended Whittaker.

What I Need To Happen

I’m still waiting for Man Utd to start playing consistently up front. Memphis has still to score in the league, While Schweinsteiger has yet to cement a place in midfield. They play Liverpool this Saturday, and Liverpool have hardly been setting the league alight, so perhaps this is the week?

This weekend Memphis, surely, surely........
And I may need to Man U players to perform, as looking at the fixtures a lot of my players have tough away trips, or are facing each other. Swansea’s Ayew has been a bright spot for me this season, but he travels to Watford, a Watford side where I have two defenders (hopefully) playing. Ayew is playing too well to drop out. So I may continue with Sinclair in midfield and chance Wijnaldum or Gueye in the flex position.

 Man Utd not playing until the evening leaves me with a bit of a selection headache.  As well as Newcastle faceing West Ham on Monday. Do I leave myself with two players to play for that game? Go with only one? Or try and get all my points in before then?

Predictions

After getting every prediction correct in Week 3, I only managed two from seven last time out. Ouch! But let’s put that to one side and see how this weekend fares. @FuzzyWarbles is the only undefeated side, while @BenDinnery is the last remaining side looking for a win. They face each other this week, and I’m going to go with form.








Okay, well I’ve just put the curse on a load of teams for another week! Remember to follow @THE_IEFSA on twitter to keep up with the weekends action.

No comments:

Post a Comment