Saturday, August 20, 2016

Week 2: IEFSA Fantasy League Preview


A really tight matchup in Week 1 ebbed and flowed but unfortunately saw my side lose by a measly 0.5 points. I thought I was down and out until Santi Cazorla came off the Arsenal bench and provided two assists. Out in front with only Mark Noble to play on Monday night for @TRKingston, I thought I’d snuck a win when all was done and dusted but Noble kept accumulating points after the game was finished and I ended up with a big fat L. This week I’m facing @jasonuk17, who is also coming off a first week loss. Jason has added a number of players to his squad before this weekend in an effort to pick up those important three points.

@jasonuk17’s Team


Arthur Masuaka and Oriol Romeu are the newest editions to his side. Both players posted double figure scores in Week 1. Romeu has played in the Premier League before with Chelsea, but sees himself now at Southampton, while Masuaka joined West Ham from Olympiacos for £6.2m. Matsuaka will slot in at the back for Jason with two of, Ryan Shawcross, Kyle Walker, or under fire Alberto Moreno. Moreno plays away again with Liverpool this week, so will probably see himself sidelined. To complement Romeu in Midfield will most likely be Capoue of Watford and Gardner of West Brom, mainly because both those players are playing at home.

Jason will mainly be looking at his Forwards and Goalkeeper to get him the points needed for victory. De Gea in goals will be fancied to keep a first clean sheet of the season with a home game against Southampton on Friday night. De Gea cost $22, but is not @Jasonuk17’s costliest player. That honour goes to Forward Olivier Giroud at $31. So, Arsenal fans won’t be the only ones hoping he is thrown back into the starting line-up when the Gunners face Leicester. His other Forward is Bournemouth’s Benik Afobe. The striker joined the Cherries in January and scored four goals in the league by the end of last season.
Giroud scores goals by the power of being Arsenal's least-worst striker


What I Need To Happen


My big signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan could do with a few more minutes on the pitch, but will struggle as long as Man Utd keep winning. If Utd let in a goal or two then that would prevent De Gea from racking up a score and increase the chances of the Armenian getting some game time. Elsewhere in midfield I hope Cazorla ends up being the focal point of the Arsenal attack rather than Giroud, and that he starts this weekend. Another one of my players would help me with a start is Pedro at Chelsea. Oh and Joe Allen at Stoke too. Why are all my players sitting on benches up and down the country??

Burnley keeping Liverpool at bay would aid my chances. I have Keane at the back and Heaton in goals. Everton overcoming West Brom will dent Gardner’s impact on the tie and ideally see Baines and Mirallas score points for me. Up front I’ll need Arnautovic to open his account against Man City.

Predictions


The first weekend of @THE_IEFSA action on Fantrax saw six correct predictions to three incorrect. Lets try and top that this weekend. And my crystal ball says that the wins will fall to…










Good Luck Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment