Friday, August 26, 2016

Week 3: IEFSA Fantasy League Preview


A first win of the season last weekend, shoots my side up the table to ninth in the IEFSA Fantasy League on Fantrax. A solid effort from my goalkeeper and three defenders (67.8 pts) saw me overcome @jasonuk17. A strike from Kevin Mirallas was also my team’s first goal of the season. No Friday night game this week to sweat over (read: almost forget about!). Plus my entire squad seems to be getting back to full fitness. Now if they could only all break into their respective side’s starting elevens that would be great. This weekend I face @jwl_15, who has the same record, with one opening week loss followed up by a victory last time out. His side have outscored mine in those two weeks though.

@jwl_15’s Team


His highest scoring player is Eden Hazard in Midfield. The Belgian is averaging over 22 points a game; the best anyone on my side can muster is a little over 16. His other two midfielders, Leroy Fer and Jordan Henderson, both average over 20 points. Midfield is where the goals are coming from in Jake’s side at the moment, as he is still waiting on his Forwards to get off the mark. Shane Long probably won’t get a better chance to open his account as Southampton host Sunderland this week. His other Forward is Spurs new signing, Vincent Janssen. He also has Memphis Depay as a back-up if some sort of zombie apocalypse happens between now and Saturday evening.
Hazard is rediscovering the form of two seasons ago
All his Defenders are playing at home this week. Funes Mori has a favourable matchup against Stoke City; Joel Ward hosts Bournemouth in another potential clean sheet game; While Andrew Robertson of Hull has the trickiest tie when he squares off against Zlatan and Manchester United, but even if a clean sheet is hard to foresee there, his defensive returns over ninety minutes could more than make up for it. Behind everyone in Goals is Chelsea stopper Courtois. Chelsea host new boys Burnley as they attempt to keep their first shut-out of the campaign.

What I Need To Happen


I do have one Chelsea player in Pedro, who did get the start last week. But I also have two Burnley players in Goalkeeper Heaton and Defender Michael Keane. It would probably serve me better if the Clarets could sneak a 1-0 win.  In the Everton/Stoke game I should probably wish for a goalfest as I have two players from each side. And Joe Allen is due a goal right?

Speaking of being due, Jack Wilshire surely has a few games in him before his next injury. But if not, I still have Bellerin and Cazorla when Arsenal travel to Watford. A positive result for the Gunners here could set my team up nicely. Elsewhere, I will be keeping an eye on the Man Utd team sheet on Saturday as I have two players waiting for their first starts of the season in Lingard and Mkhitaryan. Though with that game kicking off later than a host of other fixtures, I could well have played my hand in the match-up with @jwl_15, before Mourinho hands in his starting eleven.

Predictions


A shocking set of predictions last week, as only four of the other nine fixtures in the league were correctly predicted. This just goes to show you how tight the league is. This week none of the six unbeaten sides will face each other, giving each a chance to go 3 and 0. But will they all manage it? Remember to follow all these guys on Twitter, and to keep up to date with each match-up over the weekend, follow @THE_IEFSA.

Here it goes for this week’s guesses informed predictions…









Good Luck Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment