Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fantasy Golf: Honda Classic


The third day of this event has just got underway and this preview was supposed to go up on Wednesday, but Blogger was being a bit difficult! So I thought I would still update on how my Yahoo Fantasy Golf squad is getting on. Yet still cover some of the golfers that would have been looked at in the preview.
As you should be aware, your golf picks are split into  three groups of players. You pick 2 from Group A (1 player scores at a time), 4 from Group B (2 players score), and 2 from Group C (1 player scores).
Rather than giving reasons for picking a certain golfer over another for a tournament two days old, for now I'll just list the ones I had my eye on in each group. Those underlined are the golfers I went with for the tournament.

Group A:
Phil Mickelson
Russell Henley
Rickie Fowler
Henrik Stenson
Luke Donald

Group B:
Justin Rose
Ben Crane
Geoff Ogilvy
Fredrik Jacobson
Hideki Matsuyama
Matthew Every
Rory McIlroy

Group C:
Will Mackenzie
Brooks Koepka
Peter Hanson
Graeme McDowell
Sergio Garcia
Charl Schwartzel
Boo Weekley
Paul Casey
Seung-Yul Noh
Louis Oosthuizen
David Lynn
Camillo Villegas

As of Saturday morning Mickelson and Ogilvy have missed the cut, while Justin Rose had to pull out at the start of the tournament with tendinitis. Henley sits in 3rd and MacKenzie is currently 9th. Hopefully things will improve as the weekend progresses, as my team only has a lowly 76pts coming up to this mornings tee times.


No comments:

Post a Comment