Friday, August 14, 2015

IEFSA Fantasy League Week 2 Preview


The second week of the IEFSA Premier League Fantasy Football is upon us. I put one up early in the win column last time out, but I’m not going to get carried away just yet. If the schedule had worked against me, I could have met one of the six other teams who outscored me last weekend. This week I’m facing @DFS_hambazaza , who is coming off of a defeat. He ran into a Marc Albrighton inspired @nikarg, and will be doubly determined not to lose again and fall two far behind this early in the season.

@DFS_hambazaza’s Team
His team will be looking to welcome back Sergio Aguero upfront. Man City may be facing Chelsea this weekend, but Aguero is a goal threat against any team. Steven Fletcher scored this team’s only goal last week and he will be hopeful of more game time for this weeks match, and will probably be played in the flex position.

Only four of @DFS_Hambazaza’s outfielders were starters last weekend and he will hope to arrest this trend by shuffling his pack somewhat. Although he has left himself a bit top heavy, employing no less than five forwards, when at max you can only pencil in two to earn you points. When Trippier breaks into the Spurs side and Bertrand comes back from injury things should even out for him.

In Midfield his main goal threat appears to be Spur’s Nacer Chadli, who host Stoke City this weekend. While in goals he has Southampton’s Maarten Stekelenburg. The Saints kept 11 clean sheets at home last season, including one in a three nil win over Saturdays opponents Everton.

What I Need To Happen
I will be happy as long as my players all start for their respective clubs. Ayew and Wijnaldum were my goals scorers last weekend, and they meet each other at three o’clock on Saturday in what  will be, fingers crossed, a high scoring affair. What I hope will be a low scoring game, is the clash of two title contenders in Man City and Chelsea on Sunday. Not only to prevent Aguero from getting too many points, but also to enable Begovic to pick up some save points, or even a clean sheet.

My squad is heavily reliant on Watford and Villa players again. My two Watford defenders host a wounded West Brom. While of my three Villa signings, I’m thinking of only leaving in Gueyre in Midfield as they host Man Utd on Friday night. I’m relying on my big money signing Memphis Depay to do the business in this game, and depending on team selection I may move Schwiensteiger onto my starting rostor. If he fails to start again, then Stoke’s Walters will continue in the flex position.
What has 'Tactics' Tim got up his sleeve this week?
Lastly, Carl Jenkinson will be brought into to the defence, as I’m banking on him getting back into the West Ham side for the visit of Leicester. Impressive youngster Jordan Amavi makes way for Jenkinson’s inclusion. If Villa do cause an upset on Friday then I could very well be in deep trouble in this match-up.

Predictions!
Seeing as I managed to get six from seven last week, let’s keep this prediction ship sailing! (Only a Coutinho wonder strike was my undoing, but I’m sure @Smokey_Loogy was delighted to see it fly in!)

@FuzzyWarbles over @DanRiccio590

@RotoWireAndrew over @RotoZdroik

@Smokey_Loogy over @SportsByGotti

@nikarg over @TomSunderland_

There you have it. Don’t forget to follow @THE_IEFSA on twitter to keep up with all the exciting Premier League and Fantasy Football action over the next four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment