Saturday, August 29, 2015

IEFSA Fantasy League Week 4 Preview


Last weekend I came up against IEFSA Fantasy League top dog @cjradune, and a quick glance of his team sitting proudly atop the league table tells you all you need to know about how I got on. While I was happy that all my eight outfielders started, it was their performances that were the real blow. No goals scored, only one clean sheet, the Chelsea defence continuing to ship goals and my Man Utd players struggling to find form going forward in the Premier League. A corner will have to be turned performance-wise soon, and hopefully it will be this weekend.
In fact, it will need to be this weekend if I am to have any chance of picking up my second win of the season. For you see the IEFSA fixture makers bias against my team continues apace, as I have to face unbeaten @nikarg. His side is one of only three teams with a comfortable 3-0 record to start the season.

@nikarg’s Team
Nik’s team has a solid spine on which he’s been gaining victories from. Lovren at the back has yet to concede a goal, While Albrighton and Shelvey in midfield have both been instrumental in their sides impressive early season form. Up front Nik can call upon Wayne Rooney; he hasn’t scored or assisted in the Premier League yet, and has come under a bit of criticism because of this, but did score a hattrick in Belgium in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Elsewhere around his squad: Christian Eriksson is out injured at the moment, but will surely go straight back into a seemingly lacklustre Spurs side when he is fit. Shane Long could play as his flex player, the Irishman doesn’t usually get the start in the Premier League, but often comes off the bench and is always a goal threat. In goals Nik is relying on Stoke’s Jack Butland. Stoke have not coughed up too many goals, but Butland has yet to keep a clean sheet. At home to West Brom this weekend is a good chance to get a first shut out.
How many minutes will Shane Long get this weekend?
What I Need To Happen

Jenkinson’s red card against Bournemouth means he will be suspended, throwing my backline into chaos again! I will have to start my only three other defenders, and with Holebas’ position under threat at Watford, I’m not guaranteed three starters. Plus Watford are away to Man City, a place they would be hard pressed to keep a clean sheet at.
A better chance of a clean sheet should be Chelsea at home to Crystal Palace. Courtois has yet to justify the high fee I forked out for him. This weekend, facing @nikarg, would be a good time to start. Another player yet to back up his high fee is Memphis Depay. The Dutchman faces a difficult trip to Wales this Sunday as Man Utd take on Swansea.
The fixtures work against my team (again!)
Swansea midfielder Andre Ayew has been my star man this year so far. A fixture against Man Utd is rarely a time to pick up massive points, and this game being on a Sunday means most of my squad will have played already. So do I hold off a roster spot for Schweinsteiger? Will he start? Do I leave three spots open for Memphis, Ayew and the German midfielder? Do I leave two spots free and rotate in whoever starts, or choose Ayew over one of the United players? Decisions, decisions!

Predictions
Last weekend I pulled off the set. I correctly predicted all seven match ups. Some were very close run games, with the scoring of a goal or the keeping of a clean sheet the difference in most cases. So since I’m so good at this prediction lark! Here are this weeks picks.








As always, Follow @THE_IEFSA on Twitter for all your updates, and good luck everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment