Friday, August 21, 2015

IEFSA Fantasy League Week 3 Preview


My team is sitting on a 1-1 record after last weekends defeat at the hands of @DFS_hambazaza. As disappointed as I was in my Chelsea goalkeeper letting Aguero ruin any chance of victory, I’m more disappointed in not having the full complement of players out on the pitch. Holebas of Watford didn’t get any minutes, leaving a whole roster spot go to waste. It’s hard enough to win in this league without handicapping your points tally in such a way. This week I’m determined to get all eight outfielders playing! Which will mean Holebas to the bench, and Amavi of Villa back to a starting spot.

I am also aware that I would have only beaten three other sides last week, so a big improvement will be needed from my team in Week 3.

@cjradune’s Team
CJRadune won last weekend to go to 2-0, this was thanks largely to Vincent Kompany and Ross Barkley, who brought in more than all the other players on his team combined. If these two players don’t reach those heights again I could be in with a chance. But it really is an uphill task, CJ’s team has outscored me in the first two weeks and he currently sits atop the IEFSA table having scored the most points.

With Joe Hart between the sticks, and Kompany and Luke Shaw, he really does have some stellar defensive options.  Colback, Barkley and Adam should make up the midfield, with Sunderland’s Larsson coming in if need be. Whoever makes it on to his team, he is sure to have three starters for their clubs.

Up front he is relying on Jamie Vardy as all his other forward options are injured. In the flex position it’s looking like he could insert either Ashley Young or Adnan Januzaj, and with Man United versus Newcastle being the early game he will be able to tinker his line up with one, or none, or both of them, according to Louis Van Gaal’s team sheet.

What I Need To Happen
Memphis Depay opened his Man Utd account during the week in the Champions League. Something similar would be very much appreciated come Saturday lunch time. Very rarely do Newcastle put up much resistance at Old Trafford but hopefully new Toon favourite Wijnaldum can pull in a few points. In my midfield, apart from my top scorer Andre Ayew, thing are very much up in the air. Delph is still out, Walters is a doubt, with Sinclair and Schweinsteiger not guaranteed to start. Perhaps another foray into the transfer market is in order?

If Man City keep another clean sheet at Everton, I’ll be looking at a 15+pts swing to @cjradune. It would be a big bonus if Hart’s goal can be breached, by anyone other than Ross Barkley of course. @cjradune’s team has scored six goals this season (compared to my teams paltry three) and if his attackers can be kept quiet for just one weekend, I hope it’s this one.

Predictions
5 from 7 last weekend, as @GalinDragiev relying on the Sunderland goalkeeper and @RotoWireAndrew  running into a Lukaku inspired @RotoZdroik where the only blemishes. So let’s try again this week!








As always, make sure you are also following @THE_IEFSA on twitter for all the latest news and action over this exciting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment